Brian and I went for our last ultrasound this morning. The babies look great! They are healthy and gaining about ½ pound per week. Right now baby A’s estimated weight is 5 pounds 11 ounces. Baby B’s estimated weight is 5 pounds 7 ounces. My doctor checked me for progress and I am still not dilated or effaced. I am still having a lot of contractions. I expressed concern to the doctor that I felt like I wouldn’t know the difference between real labor and false labor. He didn’t seem to think that would be a problem and laughed when I said that. I have to admit that I am feeling a little anxious about still being pregnant. Carrying around 11 pounds of baby is really taking its toll on my body. I tried to persuade the doctor to move my delivery date up, but he said no. I got my paper work for the scheduled c-section today. He did tell me to not worry about taking my medicine to stop contractions after this week is complete. My doctor still seems to think I won’t have to wait until Nov. 23. I will be praying that these babies continue to be healthy and will come soon.
As you can see from my picture they are dropping. Right now their heads are both pretty far down competing for that space. Baby A’s head was pressed against my bladder! The doctor said with twins sometimes they never drop all the way because the babies don’t budge from this position (there is a medical term for this, but I forgot it). Luckily, there are other factors that contribute to labor starting.
Baby A
Baby B
P.S. Brian was happier with their noses at this ultrasound.
Oh, Robin, you look like you've had enough of this pregnancy! But, you really do look wonderful! I love that belly I wish I could see it in person! Hang in there, only 3 more weeks ;)
ReplyDeleteI love all of the ultrasound pics. The girls look like they have beautiful, full lips. Can't wait to compare them to their real faces.
Wow!!!! Mikey wants to know how you keep from falling over! I wish I could see you in person, too. I can't wait to see the new family of four in a few weeks!!! Waiting on that phone call, too... any time now!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see those little girls! I like the names you are trying out!
ReplyDelete