Saturday, November 14, 2009

Week 2



Who ever said taking care of 2 babies at one time was hard? Probably anyone who ever had to babies. Now that we are through the first week with Emma and Addison, we are starting to feel the effects of a lack of sleep. It is probably more draining mentally than physically. The girls are continuing to do great, but there is something about that 11pm - 2am time that they do not like. No matter how full, how clean, or how sleepy they are, they just seem to be a bit fussy during the time when mom and dad are most worn out. We have been trying to alter their routine a bit each day and/or evening to see if we can't get this straightened out. We hope so.

Today the photographer came by to take pics of the girls. She was here for about 3 hours, and I think she got some great shots. We will post a link to her website once the pics are up. Probably the highlight of the photo shoot was when Addison shot poop all down my arm and 3 feet through the air and onto Charlotte. She quickly followed that up with a steady stream of pee to wash it off. It was lovely and was a great way to end the shoot.

We took them to the pediatrician Thursday. They both have a clean bill of health and weigh almost exactly the same (4lbs 12 oz). The doc thinks that Emma ventricular septal defect will likely close on its own. We hope she is right.

I know everyone is dying to know how much these babies are eating, and to see the graph documenting this pattern. I modified BabyFeeder.xls to version 2.o today to include an awesome bar graphs. I will be looking for a partner to license and distribute this technology soon.



Here are some more pics.








11 comments:

  1. Ha ha, that's hilarious about the shooting poop! I think Grady did that same thing as his first photo session.

    Don't worry those girls will get their day/night patterns down soon. Just try to rest with them during the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian, you may be the wierdest person I know! Who makes a bar graph of their baby's feedings?? Maybe that is why you are so tired, you should be resting instead of making graphs!!!

    They are so cute I love how they are always next to each other. And yes, Katie is right, Grady shot poop and pee all over Mikey at his newborn pics. Also again when we tried to "recreate" the pics at home.

    See y'all in a week and a half! Everyone looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with MG, Brian.....I'm not sure many people will want to give up their sleep time to work on a bar graph! :) However, let me say that if you start making millions, we want to partner with you!

    The girls are adorable! Do rest when they do! 11 to 2 is rough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just so you know, the graph really does not take that long. we set up the template before the babies were born, so all we have to do now is enter in the amount they eat into the spreadsheet and the graph auto updates!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, I need to show that graph to my co-workers... they think I'm anal... I've got nothing on you!! Adelyn did the same thing at her photo shoot. She pooped on EVERYTHING, including Jason NUMEROUS times (I was smart and made him hold her the entire time nude shots were taken). And, yes, some was projectile! Luckily the photographer didn't have any other newborn shots that day b/c she had to wash all her props.

    They are such dolls!! You'll be surprised at how much bigger they seem in just a month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are so adorable. Ya'll are fortunate to have Charlotte there to help with the girls. I also think the chart is a little over the top, but as Nancy said, I will partner for the millions!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are adorable! I forgot to say that earlier! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. For the record, I really like the graph. Beau and I charted all of AC's sleep times and locations, eat times and amounts, and wakefulness patterns. I think it helped me determine what her schedule would be. But, I am not computer savvy at all so I ended up with a "homemade" graph. Maybe you can send me a complimentary copy of that program when we have our next baby!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Let me just say that I was too stressed out to make a graph. Also I never had an extra hand to go on the computer because my psycho baby would not allow me to put him down. However, if I did want to graph his sleep patterns like Katie did, that would be easy, because there would be nothing on the graph- he never slept!

    I'm with Nancy, though... I'll partner if it starts to make a profit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Katie, Mikey says you are a geek for doing all that. But we already knew that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. haha! These comments are as entertaining as the blog!

    I love the girls little pink dresses! They are way too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.