Monday, November 9, 2009

Welcome Home

We came home from the hospital on Saturday afternoon just in time for Emma and Addison to watch the Gators play.





They have been doing great since we got here. They are both eating very well. I created a spreadsheet to track how much they eat, what they eat (breast milk, formula or both), and when they are changed (wet and/or dirty). It is a pretty awesome spreadsheet, and it is great for a couple of data junkies like mom and dad. I'm sure the pediatrician will be impressed when she sees it. We have Emma and Addison on pretty much the same schedule. They are eating about every 3 or 4 hours, and are eating about 40-60cc each feeding. This translates to us waking up with them at about 1 and 4 or 5 AM. So we are getting a decent amount of sleep.







When they are awake they just chill. They have been very calm, and we have been giving them tummy time, letting them hang out in their bouncy thing, and letting them swing in their chair.

Here's Addison



And Emma



Tony and Charlotte got here on Friday. My dad left on Sunday, but Charlotte is staying with us for a few weeks. She has been a tremendous help.





Robin is an awesome mom. She is really great with the girls. And she can also hear them when they start to cry at night, which apparently I can not. Saturday night, she went in to the nursery to hold them after they ate. She sat down in the chair with them both to let them dose off. When she tried to get up with both of them in her arms she could not. After calling me for a while without a response she went to sleep. Three hours later I woke up to find her in the chair with a couple of crying hungry babies. Oops. I now have a monitor next to the bed.



Chief and Bailey are doing great. They are very curious but are being pretty calm and gentle. When we are up at night, they will come into the nursery if they hearing the babies crying. They love to sniff them and listen to them coo.





But I think all this activity is really starting to wear them out!

6 comments:

  1. Aw, what a great post! It looks like Addison (is that Addison?) is saying "touchdown" in that one picture!

    I think it must be a "Dad" thing about not hearing babies in the middle of the night. We struggle with that in our house, too!

    What a cute picture with Chief and Bailey! How sweet that they check on the girls during the night. They love their sisters.

    I am so glad the babies are eating and sleeping well. I'll pray that continues. Robin, you look great!!!

    Hi, Charlotte! Kiss those babies for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that is Addison. They both like to kick their arms and feet out of the blankets, but she really likes to get her arms in the air. I am able to start telling them a part a little easier now, but sometimes it is still tough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, they sure are cute! Can't wait to hold them! I love that picture of Chief and Bailey, too. Just wait till the girls get a little older, they will chase those dogs everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did I know Brian would create a spread sheet? Those two are adorable! And yes, as soon as a mama has a baby, her hearing changes dramatically and she can hear her baby or babies when they even squirm around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pictures, they are adorable. You both look great!! I am glad that the C-section went well. Brian, It's a good thing you have that monitor now. Hope you both can continue to get some sleep!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.