Saturday, June 26, 2010

1 Crawler and 1 Swimmer

Addison and Emma have been busy little girls lately. Emma is quite capable of crawling across a room now. Addison is starting to make forward movements and rocking, but still favors a little swimming move when she gets stuck. It seems that Emma mastered crawling and now wants to move straight on to pulling up and standing most of the time. I know she understands that she can crawl, but she really doesn’t take off without being prompted to do so. It’s kind of strange. I thought once she learned how to crawl she would be getting into everything.

Above is what happens when I try to take a picture now. Emma coming for the camera and Addison rolling around in the background.

Emma attempting to pull up to the glass table. Below is her reaction to me telling her no. I guess we are going to have to put this table up for a while.



Below is Addison when she woke up a couple of mornings ago.

Below is Emma when she woke up. I took this picture with the lights off to try and let Addison keep sleeping. Emma closed her eyes when the flash went off.

Addison is really working on her sound effects lately. She has started this funny laughing noise that she does randomly all day long. It’s so cute. Addison continues to love to blow raspberries. Emma babbles, and her two favorite sounds are “da, da, da” and “blah, blah”. Some form of separation anxiety has also started. Lately I cannot walk out of the room to go to the bathroom without them crying.


My babies also LOVE puffs of any flavor. Matter of fact, they are a little obsessed with puffs. If they see the container they get super excited and start bouncing and making noises. They seem less interested in the puréed baby food lately so I tried to make them some real food yesterday. They liked the sweet potato I baked, however, the steamed carrots were not a big hit. Not so sure why they didn’t like the carrots. They like the Stage 2 Gerber carrots. Maybe the texture was weird to them.

Addison makes a HUGE mess when she eats!


Emma left, Addi right

Below is Addison busy making noises at Chief.

Just a quick update on teething: Emma’s two bottom teeth are through the gum but still not in all the way. Addison still has the little bumps on her bottom gum but no real progress yet.

4 comments:

  1. Aw, they are getting so big! And cute! Have fun chasing them around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are getting so big! It seems like forever since I've seen them. :( I love the last picture. I would put that coffee table up, too! Ours is on wheels, so it stayed wheeled off to the side and I put a blanket down... pretty much all last summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute!! I have a friend who's expecting twins. I will have to tell her to start reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do they just smile ALL THE TIME or what? Cuties!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.