Friday, June 18, 2010

Family Visit

This past weekend we had a nice visit with my sister-in-law, Emily, and brother-in-law, Jeff. Emily and Jeff drove a looooong way to see all of us and we were so happy they did. We shopped, swam, and played (maybe I should say pacified) babies all weekend until Sunday when I woke up very sick with a fever and a sore throat. Brian said that is probably the sickest he has seen me. I had a 103 fever. Fortunately, Emily and Jeff were right there to pick up the slack with the twins. I did manage to eat some of Emily’s homemade chicken noodle soup that I think really did help break my fever. I believe Emily said something like this to me while we were eating, “Robin, I don’t know how you do this every day. Two babies are really a lot harder than one! I have a whole new respect for you and Brian.” Brian’s reply, “What! You didn’t respect us before the babies were here?” But, we all know that is not what she meant.

Below is Auntie Em with Addison on left and Emma on right

Emily, Emma, Addison (my little dear refuses to wear a hat)

Emily feeding Addison

Brian offering Emma some diet coke.

Addison chewing on a baby wipe package.


I wish that I would have taken more pictures. I intended to get some shots with Emily, Jeff, and the babies. I just didn’t plan on being sick.

Other happenings around here include:
• Emma cutting what appears to be 3 teeth (two bottom and one top)
• Addison not too far behind Emma on the teeth, but her gums are just starting to look like Emma’s did a few weeks ago
• Emma taking a few forward steps (I guess you would call it) towards crawling, also doing something like an army crawl to continue forward movement, she also rocks back and forth a lot
• Addison learning to move in a 360 motion on her stomach, also pushing up with her feet so her body is in an upside down V position on the floor
• Both girls are lunging forward from a sitting position to a crawling position
• Both girls learning to eat puffs and biter biscuits, also trying to cut back on formula to 4 bottles a day instead of 5
• Oh, and did I mention, major fussiness lately! So much that mommy and daddy hired a babysitter to come help in the afternoons, which has been wonderful
• Unrelated to the babies, Mr. Chief, our eldest boxer dog, got a small stick stuck in his paw. Right now he is at the vet recovering from anesthesia. I’ll be picking him up this afternoon. Poor doggie!

Emma left, Addison right
This is what Emma does most of the day.




That’s about it for now! Hopefully the next time I post I will be able to say that our house is sold and we are finally moving back to FL!

3 comments:

  1. I'm not glad you got sick, but glad that Emily and Jeff were there to help. It is no fun taking care of a baby while you are sick! I am hoping the next post will say the same- house sold and moving back! Then we can see more of y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad y'all had a great visit. I know you're ready for the house to sell and be reunited! We will pray for that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are getting so big! Super cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.