(Emma just loves to stick out her tongue these days!)
(Addison doesn't stick her tongue out often.)
(Emma taking a afternoon snooze.)
The girls are almost 17 weeks old now. Emma especially has taken an interest in watching us eat. She started this at my mom’s house. She watched her eat a piece of pizza. She watches me eat my breakfast or lunch if she is awake. Last night when Brian came home from work he was refueling on trail mix before the marathon we like to call bedtime routine. Emma was smacking her lips and watching her daddy eat. Brian let her lick a dried peach. Apparently she liked it because she continued to try to “eat it”. So this weekend we are taking the plunge and trying the rice cereal. We’ll take some pictures and post them next week.
Addison
(Playing with new toys.)
(Addison gets so mad when I try to make her sit for a picture! Emma working on finding that thumb.)
Not much else is going on around here. It is still too cold to do a whole lot outside, Brian is traveling every week, and I’m still trying to get the girls on a schedule.
I also wanted to ask a question to anyone that has experience with twins. Have you noticed that one twin reaches milestones a couple of weeks before the other? We have noticed that with our girls. Emma seems to be about two weeks ahead of Addison on most things.
Emma is getting good at holding that head up.
Obviously I don't have twins, but it's always to be expected that children are going to progress differently... no two are the same, twins or not!
ReplyDeleteThey always look so pleasant and happy in each picture! And I am glad y'all are getting a good amount of sleep. They are really sleeping great for only being 4 months old! (Or maybe I just think that's great since Grady didn't sleep for 8 months! That's all I have to go by!)
Glad they're getting back to routine. I know you and Brian are glad, too!
ReplyDeleteThey are really looking cute and changing so much! I can't wait to see them!
Hi Robin! It is so amazing to us how similar your experiences are to our own with our twins...I mean, almost exact! Lucy and Finn most definitely reach milestones at different times, often separated by a few days to a couple of weeks. They certainly have their own strengths. They also switch off who sleeps better night-to-night. Finn also likes to watch us eat...can't wait to hear about the rice cereal! I think we may write a post about our routines, too...good idea. Always good to compare twins-notes! Love those smiles!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Robin, we have a friend in PA who also has twins a few weeks older than ours. She reads my blog for "twin tips," and I was wondering if you'd feel comfortable if I gave her your blog address. If not, I totally understand!
ReplyDeleteHi Amy,
ReplyDeleteI am okay with you sharing our blog. I belong to a mothers of multiples blog site too. You can see the button link on my blog page. There are lots of good twin blogs there that are public. Thanks for asking!
Robin
They are growing so fast!!! Can't wait to meet them!!
ReplyDeleteAdelyn has twin boys in her class and they are 5 months... almost 6. One twin does seem to hit milestones faster than the other (I watch them all the time while I'm there nursing at lunch). Get this, the bigger twin wears size 12 MONTHS!!! Can you believe it? He is HUGE. I told the teachers they need to ask his mom how much he weighs and let me know b/c I swear he must be 30lbs!!!