This weekend we had the girls’ 3 month pictures scheduled. We paid for a package deal with this women and she comes to your home or any location you prefer. She takes good pictures and we were happy with the newborn pictures. However, her professionalism is really poor. To start with, she was late for the newborn session, it took her two months to get the pictures to us, and she doesn’t respond to attempts to contact her very promptly. Brian and I were willing to overlook these things because we had already paid for half of the package deal and it was so close to time to get 3 month pictures. The photographer was scheduled to come to our house at 2:00 PM. She even called to confirm the appointment so we thought she would be on time. Brian and I were really looking forward to getting the pictures taken.
Most of you reading this probably know how difficult it is to alter a babies schedule to make sure they are awake at a specific time. Or should I rephrase that… awake and happy at a specific time. Anyway, we dressed the babies in their “Sunday best” and at 2:00 sharp we were ready. Phone rings and it’s the photographer, “I’m running late.” Brian says, “How late are you going to be?” Photographer says, “I don’t know maybe 15 minutes.” So we tried to keep the girls happy until then. 45 minutes later the phone rings again. Photographer says, “I’m lost. I’m on Ravenswood. Can you tell me how to get there?” The session would have been close to being over by this point. The babies were crying and ready to sleep. Brian calmly explains to the photographer that we do not want her to come over anymore and we do not want to work with her anymore. She had the nerve to tell him it was his fault she was late, being that it was Super Bowl Sunday. Brian kindly requested a refund for a portion of the money we paid. The unreasonable photographer told Brian that she only owed us $25! Needless, to say we were extremely angry. If you know Brian, you know how hard it is for him to maintain composure when people act like this. I was so proud of him for staying calm.
The girls spent the rest of the afternoon fussing and crying, while Brian and I were also upset. People are so inconsiderate, and it really makes me angry when they don’t take responsibility for their actions.
Addison dark pink bow on left, Emma on right
Addison (Go Orange and Blue!)
This weekend a close friend of mine and her daughter are coming to visit. I know it will be a great weekend. We are going to get them to help us take the girls to JC Penny for the girls 3 month pictures.
More snow!
Well you still got some good pictures! They are sure growing!
ReplyDeleteThat snow! I'm not sure I could get out at all! I'd be scared to death....that's what happens when you grow up in Florida!
I'm so sorry about the crappy photog! Maybe it's best that it all happened this early... now you won't have to deal with her for the rest of their photos!
ReplyDeleteI agree, Nancy... snow IS NOT for FL girls!!! Be careful in all that mess, Robin!!
Penney's does a really good job at the store here, so hopefully things will go better for you there!!
ReplyDeleteRobin, the girls look awesome, you look awesome! Sorry you had photographer problems. It looks like you got some great photos.
ReplyDeleteWhat a B! I definitely would not have kept my composure, I know that's hard to believe. But, I love the pics y'all took of the girls. I think they are DEFINITELY identical. No doubt. So did you get your money back or not?
ReplyDeletePS- The Super Bowl didn't even start until after 5, so what is her beef?
ReplyDeleteAw, man, that stinks! What a whack-job. I love their bows but I CANNOT believe Brian lets you put them on the girls! I remember several comments from him about Anna Cross's bows!
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, that was homemade chicken pot pie (WW recipe, only 4 points!)
I love those photos...and they're even better because you took them! And I also love that Katie loves their bows. I do too! Every time I see little girl hair accessories, I think of Katie and AC...now I'll think of you and your little lovelies too. Gorgeous!
ReplyDelete