Not much has changed in their development since the 17 month post except their vocabulary is growing by the day. I thought I’d post random cute/funny things that happen around here.
- When we play on the floor both girls walk backwards to my lap and say, “Sit, Sit” as they stick their butt out until they find my lap.
- Addison and Emma climb inside our dirty clothes basket and come out with our clothes around their neck.
- Whenever I’m doing something in the kitchen and the girls want a snack they come in and get my attention by saying, “snack, sit” as they sit on the floor. I think they learned this from watching me give the dogs treats.
- The other night I went to exercise while Brian put the girls to bed. He put a diaper on Emma. Then started to put a diaper and PJs on Addison. He looked up and Emma was gone. He went to look for her everywhere. He finally found her back in the bathtub quietly playing with her toys.
- Emma has learned to say meatball and it sounds like this: “mea ta ball”.
- When we give them a bath they lie down in the tub and try to swim.
- Sometimes they run through the house with their arms up in the air and yell at the top of their lungs for no apparent reason.
- Whenever I put lotion on the girls run and sit on the edge of the shower for me to rub it on their legs. When I put it on their legs they rub it in partially and bring the rest to their mouths as they say, “Mmmmm, yummy, yummy!”
- I think I’ve already mentioned how Addison likes to point out the dog poop in the yard. She still follows me around with the shovel before they play just to make sure I clean up the “poop”. Now Emma and Addison think that every pile of dirt is poop and walk around the yard saying, “Uh oh, poop”.
- I’ve also mentioned this before, but Emma likes to say, “I know, I know” when she cries. She picked this up from me since it’s what I say whenever I’m trying to comfort them. At the park Addison started to cry and Emma said, “I know, I know.”
- Whenever they pretend they are talking on the phone they always call “daddy” and “granmawmaw”. Sometimes they bring me the real phone and say one of their names.
- Sometimes Addison wakes up from naps earlier than Emma. If I let her out of my sight for one minutes. She darts down the hall, opens their bedroom door, walks to Emma’s crib, and says, “Sister, Sister!”
They truly are a lot of fun! It’s wonderful to see their little personalities developing.
 |
| Mr. Chief turned 7 this weekend! |
 |
| The dogs enjoyed some doggie "ice cream"! |
 |
| Addison standing, Emma with paci. |
 |
| Addison |
 |
| Good morning! Emma left, Addison right |
 |
| Emma learned how to blow a whistle. Funny after one time, not funny after 20 times! |
 |
| Addison |
 |
| Emma |
 |
| Emma |
 |
| Addison in blue, Emma in green |
 |
| Addison |
 |
| Addison trying to get the camera |
 |
| Addison sitting on Chief |
 |
| Emma asking for a hairbow |
 |
| Emma |
 |
| Addison |
 |
| Time to play with Easter eggs again! |
 |
| Addison eating dirt.....again! |
 |
| Addison, "Yummy dirt!" |
 |
| Did I mention Addison eats dirt! |
 |
| Addison left, Emma right: Mom's 1,000, 000 attempt at trying to get them to wear a hairbow |
|
 |
| I tried to distract them from the hairbow with a piece of ribbon |
 |
| Emma thinking, "Hmmm, does my sister have a hairbow?" |
 |
| Addison |
 |
| Hairbows gone |
 |
| Emma facing camera, Addison getting inside drawer |
 |
| Addison sitting at the dining room table. Such big girls now! |
They are growing so fast! They looked so cute with their hairbows! AND I can't believe anyone has a drawer empty enough for their child to get in....don't you have any junk to put in there?
ReplyDeleteI had a whole long comment, but it disappeared.....so I will just say how cute they are, before I lose this one too!!
ReplyDeleteI just love the close-up photos of the girls...their eyes are amazing! And you do such a great job of keeping us updated on their big and small milestones. Isn't it fun watching them grow closer together? That's a friendship forever!
ReplyDelete