Wednesday, November 3, 2010

One Year


November 4, 2009
Addison Margaret Hatcher
Born 6:42 PM
17.5 inches, 5 pounds 4 ounces

Emma Grace Hatcher
Born at 6:43 PM
17.5 inches, 4 pounds 12 ounces

November 4, 2010
Addison left, Emma right

It’s official! We all made it through the first year with twins! It’s hard to believe that the first year has already past. Looking back through all the changes it’s a great feeling to see how our babies have grown, and how we have grown together as a family. Let’s start with Daddy. Brian has always been a wonderful friend and husband. However, seeing him fulfill the role of father has been such a gift! He is so kind, funny, supportive, and affectionate with the girls. He gives them equal attention, but recognizes them as individuals. Brian never sits back to let me handle everything. He always lends a helping hand. Not that I ever expected less from him, it’s just that he said things like, “I can’t change diapers!” the entire time I was pregnant! As a matter of fact, he changed the first poopy diaper in the hospital! Brian is a man that does not talk about his feelings, but he shows his family everyday how much he loves us. (Thank you for your loving heart Brian!)

Now on to Mommy! How has becoming a mother changed me? That’s a tough question to answer. It’s made me stronger in so many ways, yet it has also made me realize how little control I really have over life. I’ve really had to remind myself that God is in control and he works for the good in all of our lives. There have been many days that I struggled with crying infants, and wondered how I would ever be the mother that the girls deserve. I’ve had to learn to give myself a break and realize that my best is enough for these precious babies! I thank God multiple times a day for my family!

Moving on to Baby A: Addison. Addison Margaret is our first born daughter. She shares her middle name with her sweet grandmother (Brian’s mom), whom past away about 10 years ago. I have never talked about Brian’s mother on the blog. But I cannot think of a more appropriate time to do so as we celebrate our daughters’ first year of life. We named Addison after Brian’s mom because we wanted the girls’ to know how special she was and to provide them with a real example of a Godly woman. I know Brian misses his mother every day. We hope our girls will come to know her through the stories and pictures we share with them as they grow up.

We originally thought that Addison was more shy and reserved than her sister. In the past few months she has come out of her shell and started to be less timid. She definitely knows what she likes and doesn’t like and is not afraid to show it. She LOVES to dance (as I have mentioned before). Addison is not a picky eater at all, but prefers fruit to all other foods. She is quick to give out hugs to her mom and dad and sister. Addi is also very silly. She loves to make animal noises such as “Quack, Quack” for a duck and “Oh, Oh, AHH, AHH” for a monkey. She is working on “Woof, Woof” and “ROAR”. She is close to walking and takes a few steps unassisted before she plops down on her behind.

Our Baby B: Emma Grace shares her middle name with my Grandmother (Mimi). My grandmother, Grace, and I were very close and I miss her everyday too. She loved unconditionally to all her family, and in many ways helped me become the person I am today. We are grateful to have had those two women in our lives to pass on their life lessons to our girls.

Since the first ultrasound Emma has been a little mover and shaker. She is very social, waves and smiles to everyone. When we are out in public Emma never meets a stranger and we always get comments on what a wonderful smile she has. Emma enjoys reading books with us (especially the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse book), likes to give hugs to Chief, and is a bit more independent than her sister (although, lately Emma has wanted to cuddle more than usual with us). Emma can take a few steps unassisted and walks well holding on to one of our hands. She is a pickier eater than Addison, but still eats well. Emma can also make a monkey sound. Her duck sounds a bit like a lion though.

The girls’ are playing more with each other every day. They like to crawl around the house with one holding on to the other’s back. They also enjoy taking EVERYTHING out of drawers, cabinets, the dryer, whatever is open or can be opened by little hands is fair game. They also love to chase each other in our bedroom and roll all over the dog beds. They go back and forth from bed to bed. It’s hilarious! They also eat paper in all forms daily! They are a handful, but worth every minute.

Here is a little reminder of how much they have changed from month to month!

Emma left, Addi right (one month)
Addison left, Emma right (two months)

Addison left, Emma right (three months)

Emma left, Addison right (four months)
Addison left, Emma right (five months)

Emma left, Addison right (six months)

Emma left, Addison right (seven months)

Emma with pink bow, me, and Addison blue bow (eight months)

Addison left, Emma right (nine months)

Addison left, Emma right (ten months)

Addison left, Emma right (eleven months)

Addison left, Emma right (12 months)
13 tries to get them both to sit still and look at the camera

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful blog Robin! God bless your sweet little girls and you and Brian! Happy 1st Birthday to Emma and Addison!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Bday toddlers! I love their birthday dresses. I think I may be able to tell them apart by their hair...Addi looks like she has more (crazy) hair than Emma! I love it!

    What a sweet post and I know you have all grown so much in this past year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Late Birthday Emma and Addison! I really enjoy reading your blog and seeing pictures of you both. You are both adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GIRLS!! LOVE those dresses in their one year pic ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday girls! I hope you had a GREAT birthday and a great party! We missed you!

    The first year is such a learning process and the next year is so much fun! I think about when (if?!) we have our next kid and I will be SO much more relaxed!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.