Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy

We have had a busy couple of weeks. Thanks to my awesome friend, Erika, the girls had their first weekend away from mom and dad. Brian and I made a trip down to Florida to start house hunting before we move next week! I cannot believe we are leaving Memphis in 8 days!!


Below Emma on right, Addi on left
These are the pictures we took on the day they turned 8 months old. I'm just a little late posting them. And, yes, Brian did try to grow a mustache! Don't worry. He shaved it off, thank goodness!




Last week we flew down to Jacksonville, met Brian’s co-workers at his new job, and headed over to Gainesville where the girls and I stayed with my friends, the Almonds, for a few days. It was so good to be back in Florida. We went to the butterfly rain forest, visited with some friends, and had lots of fun catching up. Friday morning Brian and I headed back to Jacksonville to look for houses. We found several houses we liked and feel confident that we will find the right one soon. We will stay in temporary housing for a couple of months before we make the final move.


Erika made my favorite foods for dinner, gave me an ice cream cake from my favorite store, Publix, and a very sweet card with lotto tickets for my birthday!




Emma trying to wash down the half of a biscuit she ate at breakfast.

Sweet Addison

Emma with her biscuit

Linda (Erika's mom) with Emma.


It was a little hard for me to leave the girls, but I knew they were in good hands. Erika and Kaitlyn love the girls so much that I knew they would take great care of them. Erika rounded up tons of baby toys, two pack n plays, two high chairs, and all the other supplies babies need before we got there. She was so prepared! She gave Brian and me a break each night and woke up with the babies whenever they cried! The girls had lots of fun exploring Gainesville, getting to know the neighbors and Erika’s mom, and playing with Kaitlyn and her friend, Elizabeth.

Outside our hotel room in Jax! Can you believe we are moving here!!

Kaitlyn and Erika
in the background is Tony holding Addison and Kathy
Tony put Addison to sleep!

Emma with her Daddy

Elizabeth, Emma, Addison, Kaitlyn

Emma on left, Addi on right


It is going to be so nice to have the Almonds so close when we move! Emma and Addison are lucky to be able to spend so much time with them! Thank you Erika for volunteering to take care of my babies! You did a wonderful job and we appreciate everything so much! Can’t wait to see you again soon.




Just a little glimpse into what these girls are up to during the day! They know their daddy is upstairs working. Both girls are crawling everywhere and pulling up on everything!

6 comments:

  1. They are so stinking cute! I just want to pinch and kiss them!! Best of luck to you guys with the move!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are precious......good luck with the move...wow, just 8 days!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good for both parents and babies to have a little time away, especially when it's with someone you know. They are really growing and are such cuties! Hope the move is smooth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa, only 8 days? Crazy! Where does the time go?!

    I'm so glad y'all had a nice trip. That was so sweet of Erika! Were you a nervous wreck leaving the girls? I don't know if I could do it without some medication close by!!!

    They are looking so cute with the bows in their hair! They look like they had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you guys are busy..all four of you! It sounds like a really nice trip all around. How far would Erika be willing to travel? Hee hee. Good luck with the move. Can't wait to hear all about it! Hug those sweet munchkins for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are so cute and big! It is amazing how fast they grow, right ? How is the new job and new home town?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.