My mom left Sun. morning, so I am officially home alone with the twins. Since I am finding the time to blog you probably figured out that it is going well today! While my mom was here we had one nice day of weather so we took the girls on their first walk. They really liked it, and slept peacefully the whole time. It was quite an adventure to figure out the best way to get two babies in the stroller and out the door for the first time. Our house has stairs at every door to the outside. I put the girls in their infant seat and attached them to the stroller, then worked my way down the stairs. I accidentally slammed the stroller down too hard and Emma startled a little. My mom was watching carefully. She thought I should try it by myself since this is the way it will be most days. Well, I guess we learned some short cuts because I took them out again today and it was much easier. Oh, I forgot to mention that on the first walk I had the front brakes on the entire time! Ooops!! No wonder it was so hard!
Look at this stroller. I am going to get some major muscles pushing this thing around and lifting it in and out of the car!
The girls are really getting better about sleeping longer at night. They have had three nights in a row that they have slept for 4.5 to 6 hour stretches. Brian and I are thrilled! We hope they will start doing this during the day too.
Here is Addison on her best behavior during dress up time. She refuses to take pictures during dress up time without her pacifier.
Here are the girls and their daddy. Look at Addison crying. I hope she gets use to playing dress up because her mommy does not plan to stop that activity!
Take a look at Addison's mohawk. Her hair is so crazy. Emma's would probably be crazy too is she still had some on top.
Emma had fun today trying to get her wrist rattle. It was the first time I got those out. Addison could have cared less about the one I attached to her wrist.
They are so much more alert now... awake in so many pictures! I miss them! We are spending Christmas at home, too. I think that is what happen when everyone has their "own" families. And as the children get older, they will really want to be at their own house for Santa to come!
ReplyDeleteAre you still going to try and make it down in March? I hope so! It's the last week of March/first week of April.
Love you guys!
Love that wrist rattle!
ReplyDelete