The girls are also noticing each other more. They stare at each other in the crib. When one makes a noise the other opens their eyes or responds in some way. When they sleep together they are always touching. Usually one of the girls' hand is on the other's face. They are definitely becoming more aware. They love to stare at our faces, follow objects with their eyes, and they like to listen to music. They are eating every 3-4 hours, 3-4 ounces at a time (or as Brian says 100 cc). Both girls have also lost some hair since they were born. The new hair coming in looks lighter. Their eyes turn bluer every day. They love to be held, but also do very well in their swing, boppy, or bouncy seat. As you can see we also tried the bumbos! They are not quite ready for extended time in the bumbo.
Addison on left, Emma on right (notice Emma touching Addison's face)
Last Sunday we went on our first outing to church for the girls' baptism. It took about two hours to get them both dressed, fed, and to get ourselves dressed and fed before leaving the house. They did well at church and I was glad to have them baptized while my mom was here.
Here is Emma waiting on her sister to get dressed.
This is Brian with Addison.
The pastor at our church also has twins. He was excited to see them!
This photo was taken when we got home. Me and the girls were worn out! Emma had part of a bottle at church, but Addison decided to wait. This photo was followed by Addison screaming her head off as I changed her before she ate! The church will give us a DVD of their baptism. If I am feeling adventurous I will try to post it on the blog.
My mom also leaves on Sun. morning. I am so sad that we live so far apart. There is nothing that can replace the comfort and support your mother can provide. I hope I can be that for my girls!
I think they look exactly alike! Of course, that's just from pictures, you get their personalities along with looks! They are beautiful! I know you will miss your mom!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see them someday! Love to you all and Merry Christmas!
I know it must have been nice to have your mom there. That's a cute pic by the Christmas tree!
ReplyDeleteThey are so cute!! and so much bigger too!! Congratulations on the baptism. I am glad your mom was there to help you out. Merry Christmas!
ReplyDelete