Sunday, December 27, 2009

Guest Post by Grandma (Robin's Mom)

This post is written by my mom. I scattered some recent pictures of our family throughout the post.


(Chief and Addison)

(Emma checking things out.)

My Mom’s response to her visit:

This is just a brief account of meeting my granddaughters for the first time. I was so glad to finally get to see them. I knew that they were small but you really cannot grasp how small until you see them and hold them. It is a little overwhelming to see your grandchild, but two at once really tugs on the heart strings and you don’t want to start bawling when you look at them for the first time. Robin and Brian would have thought I was crazy or something was wrong with the girls.


(Above is Addison on left, Emma on right. Below is Addison.)


I only had two weeks to spend with all of them so we had to make the best of it. I had forgotten how time consuming a new baby is so you can imagine how it would be with two. We tried to work out a schedule so we could all have some sleep, the babies fed and changed. They are good babies, they are not screamers but they are grumblers. They have a fussy time at night, but they just grumble. They don’t really cry a lot, but they can get loud.


(Christmas outfits were a special gift from our friends, Jenyne, Jeff, Gavin & Liam.)


We found out Emma is kind of like Robin, if she goes too long before she thinks she should be feed, she will definitely let you know. Addison seems to be more laid back than Emma.

Robin and Brian are really doing a great job being new parents. They have to learn as they go and are willing to try new or different things to see which works best for the babies and them. Brian even seems to be able to control his gag reflex now when he changes diapers.


Emma in Grandma's Christmas outfit. Addison got her's a little messy!

I was very upset that I was not there when they were born but the timing turned out to be a good thing because they were starting to stay awake more. They were both really looking around and checking us and everything around them out. It was very hard to leave them, I wanted to call Robbie and tell him I was moving but I knew he would come and get me. I can’t wait to see them again and for Grandpa and her uncles and cousin Layla to meet them. Layla already calls them her babies.

To Mom (Grandma) from Robin:

Thanks for that post, Mom. We sure do miss you. Everyday the girls do something new and exciting. I have to stop myself from calling you every 5 minutes. I love you very much and thank you for all your love and sacrifices throughout my life. You are the best!

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet post! The girls are so cute!

    Robin, cherish the time you had and will have with your mama. It's very hard to be a mom yourself without your own mama by your side. And I know if my mom was here I would be calling her every five minutes... and I'm sure she wouldn't mind a bit (just like yours)!

    Enjoy every minute with the girls because they will be snatching toys and screaming at you before you know it! (Not that my sweet son would EVER do that!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a very sweet post! Being a grandma far away myself, I know how hard it is for your mom. I'm so glad she got to stay two weeks!! The girls are just adorable. I love them in their santa outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! I know you and your mom enjoyed that time together. The girls, too.

    They are really looking more alert in these pics!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.