Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Role Reversal


Just when I think Addison and Emma have adjusted to school, Emma throws me a curve ball. Honestly, Emma is much more independent than Addison, so I was quite surprised as Emma kicked and screamed for me to hold her when I tried to leave school the past 3 times. I know she was fine when I left because the teacher didn’t call me and she later told me that Emma cried for a short time and is fine when I leave. I’m not sure what’s up with her. She has been waking up early and taking a long time to fall asleep at night. This usually means teeth are coming. Both have their 2 year molars left and then their baby teeth will be complete. I can’t wait for that to be over! 

Let’s just say potty training didn’t go as planned.  Saturday we were out and about all day, but when we were home we tried to use the potty on several occasions and it resulted in two naked toddlers running from us on several occasions. On Sunday Brian went to a Jags game so I decided to leave Emma in training pants for a while and take her to the potty (Addison refused the training pants and I didn’t want to push so she kept her diaper on). I am starting to think they are not quite ready because I can’t get them to stay on the potty long enough to do their business. They also want to put their hands in the potty and take the potty apart and play with it. Their potty chairs have been out since Christmas so it’s not like they are new to them. Addison has gone “number 2” twice and both girls have gone “number 1” numerous times.  So I’m pretty sure they understand what the potty is for. My concern is that they do not have the attention span to sit. I’m also wondering if I’m pushing for this too early because they are not waking up from naps dry or going long periods with dry diapers. The plan now is to keep putting them on the potty at designated times during the day and give them another month to get use to the idea. Any tips from other moms are much appreciated. (P. S. Erika I will try what you suggested!)

I’ll also make a confession. I don’t really mind my babies in diapers. They are only 22 months. In my mind when they are out of diapers they aren’t babies anymore. And, for me there’s a bit of sadness to them growing up so fast! If anyone can talk Brian into trying for one more maybe I will be motivated to get this potty training done. 

Emma displaying her new obsession...dressing herself!
Addison in daddy's nikes and Emma in dress shoes.

Sweet Addi

Emma eating a leaf shaped cookie. Can you tell I'm wishing fall was here!

Addison

Emma

Emma working on saying "Cheese"!

Addison

Addison loves icing!

Addison trying to act like she is not going to touch the wall outlet.

Playing chase!

Sometimes "cheese" turns out like this!

Emma in pink, Addison in red


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.