Saturday, August 27, 2011

Meet the Teacher

The girls met their preschool teacher this week. It was very nice how orientation was set up. The parents could bring the child to their classroom to meet the teacher and stay in the room while the parents met with the director. Of course as soon as we enter the building Emma decides to poop. So here I was introducing myself and the girls to the teacher followed by asking if I can change Emma’s diaper.  Addison did not want to be away from me. I had no choice but to set her down so I could change Emma’s diaper. I laid Emma on the table, she squirmed all over the place and I just knew poop was going to be everywhere all while Addison is sitting on the floor holding her arms up crying, “Mommy, Mommy!” I probably didn’t make the best first impression. Addison did calm down enough for me to leave. However, I was concerned that she was going to be brought back to me. As we listened to the director’s presentation several children were brought back to their mothers crying hysterically. Emma’s reaction was polar opposite from Addison’s. While I was changing her diaper she kept saying, “DOWN! PLAY!” As soon as I let her loose she ran off. It was a struggle to get her to leave. The teacher told me that Addison was fine once I left. Addison has been super clingy since that day. I know she will adjust fine with time. And it’s only two days a week for 3 hours at a time. After Christmas they will stay 4 hours and have lunch at school. We are looking forward to their first day of school next week!

Just as a side note, Addison woke up this morning with a 103.2 fever. Maybe she was coming down with something all week and that made her clingy. Hope she feels better soon. I would hate for her to miss her first day of school.


Mischief! (Emma in pink, Addi in navy) Look how long their hair is getting!

Emma wanted Addi out of her space.

Emma left, Addison tasting her slipper

Addison

Emma left, Addison right

Emma was over getting her picture taken! If you've ever wondered why I put  their hair up like Pebbles from the Flintstones, this photo demonstrates quite well what happens when I try to make it lay flat.

Their first day of school. Emma is in the chair ignoring me. Addison is sitting in front playing with a helicopter.

Sweet Addi wanted to go home.

Emma experimenting with the mailbox.

Emma giving Addi a little hug! They really do adore each other!

2 comments:

  1. Bless Addi's heart! I hope she doesn't have too hard of a time with it! I will be praying for her, it's so hard to leave them when they're crying. She will learn to LOVE it, though! Just keep reminding yourself of that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, she'll do fine. It's just an adjustment. Soon she'll be wanting to stay all day!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.