Lately the girls and I have been frequenting the neighborhood park. The girls get so excited when we’re getting ready to go that they run to the stroller climb in all by themselves and say, “Park, Park!” They are big enough now that they can climb up the stairs and go down the slides all by themselves! They also love the swings, rocking horses, and tunnels.
Emma and Addison turned 17 months old today. My last post was their 16 month update, so I guess that shows how far behind I was on postings! Not much has changed since the last post. Their hair is growing like a weed, but they still will not keep a clip or a bow in for longer than a couple of minutes. I plan to grow out their bangs so I hope they will let me keep it out of their eyes.
The girls have been trying to put two words together lately too. Whenever the girls get upset I hold them and say, “I know, I know” as I comfort them. I didn’t even know I was saying that until Emma started repeating it. So now she says, “I know” all the time. They have also picked up the words: mine, baby, sit, no, bay bay (Bailey), Chee (Chief), Granmawmaw (Grandma), squirrel, plane, juice, eat, puzzle, beep (like the microwave sound), tinkle, Elmo, shell, dirt,… among others. I would say they are great talkers! But, I’m probably a little bias.
Addison has started to bite her sister hard enough to leave a bruise. We never know it’s coming either because they always wrestle with each other. Sometimes when they do that Addison will bite Emma for no reason. Another new development is the girls are playing more independently. Sometimes they will go to their playroom without me and look at books or play with their toys. That’s kind of nice for mommy! Their favorite thing to do is play outside and get dirty. They also love water. They have started lying down in the bathtub and acting like they are swimming! We hope to get them swimming lessons soon. They seem to enjoy being active little girls!
 |
| Addison |
 |
| Addison |
 |
| Addison |
 |
| Addison going feet first |
 |
| Addison |
 |
| Addison |
 |
| Addison |
 |
| Emma and her Daddy |
 |
| Emma left, Addison right bending down |
 |
| Emma loves the phone! |
 |
| Emma close up! |
 |
| Emma and daddy |
 |
| Emma |
 |
| Emma |
 |
| Emma left, Addison right |
 |
| Emma's first pigtails. Lasted about two minutes! |
 |
| Emma and me (Try to ignore that I have no makeup on!) |
 |
| Addison loves to eat dirt! |
LOL! I wouldn't have even noticed you didn't have on makeup except you put that on there! I love the pigtails too!
ReplyDeleteI was looking at the pics and then thought, wow, they look like toddlers now!
Too cute!!!
ReplyDeleteWow, they are growing up so fast! So cute and having fun!!!!
ReplyDelete