We had a nice visit with my sister-in-law, Mary Grace, and her family for Thanksgiving. She cooked a ton of awesome food. We had two kinds of turkey that turned into a bit of a competition between Mary Grace and her husband Mikey. Mary Grace cooked her turkey in the oven and Mikey smoked his. I ate plenty of both, which were equally tasty! It was so fun to get to spend time with my nephew, Grady, too! He is so funny; loves to ride is Mo Mo (lawn mower), four-wheeler, and all things boys love. He’s almost two now and it’s neat to see how much he changes each time we see him. Lucky for us we get to see everyone again at Christmas! The girls did pretty well on this trip. They slept great in the pack-n-plays, which is always nice! They had fun playing with all Grady’s toys too. Emma really started walking a lot more at their house. I guess she was motivated to keep up with Grady! On the way home about two hours into the drive poor Addison started throwing up. This is my first experience with a baby vomiting. She was a trooper. She hardly cried at all. She just looked confused when it happened. She threw up off and on for several hours that night, had a fever the next day, and started to get better last Sunday. Addison passed it on to me and Brian and Emma didn’t seem to get it as bad as Addison. I am so terrible at remembering to take pictures. I wish I would have taken more! |
| Brian holding Emma and Mr. Chief Addison sitting on floor |
| Emma, Grady, Addison (They were not too excited about taking pictures.) |
This is Emma trying on Grady's headphones. The girls LOVED them!
Addison at our house. We are working on walking with our shoes on.
Emma practicing walking.
Addison giving Chief a hug.
Emma has started to cut some of her bottom molars. This is not fun for anyone! Since their teeth seem to come in within days of each other I am sure Addison’s are not far behind. I was hoping that being able to walk would take their minds off teething…not looking like that is going to happen so far. Does anyone else’s baby get SUPER clingy and fussy when they get teeth? Anyway, it’s been a rough few days around here, but we’ll manage.
Aw, I miss them already and poor Addison with her stomach bug. :( See you at Christmas (and it's ok that you said the turkeys were equally tasty, we all know mine was the best). Just kidding!
ReplyDeleteOh, no, that's horrible about the stomach bug. Bless their hearts! And yours, too. I guess Mary Grace needs to work on her cleaning and disinfecting skills. Juuuuuuuuuuust kidding, MG!!!
ReplyDelete