Thursday, April 15, 2010

Tough Few Weeks

These pictures are kind of funny. The girls are learning how to sit up. This resulted in Addison getting a little kick in the head from Emma. Don't worry. No one was hurt.









Since we started the girls on the Prevacid we have seen a remarkable difference in their belly aches and spit up. But, for some reason, they have been SUPER fussy lately! Today is the first day in a while that they have not been crying for most of the day. I even called Brian crying a couple of times this week! I have been trying so hard to get them on a nap schedule and they have fought me on it for a few weeks now. Today I had three friends come over and the girls have been so good; even going down for naps without much fuss! I called Brian and told him someone stole our fussy babies and replaced them with good babies! I wonder if they could be teething. They are chomping down on everything they can get to their mouth and drooling a lot. Anyway, here are a few more pictures from this week.

Emma


Addison


Emma

Addison

Addison on left, Emma on right





I'm hoping whatever the girls are going through that makes them so fussy will pass soon. Mommy is worn out!

5 comments:

  1. They're right about the right age to be teething and boy that DOES makes them fussy! You'll probably feel some little teethies soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! I love those pictures! They are so cute!

    I swear babies do stuff like that on purpose. Anna Cross used to act like a different baby when people would come over and they would say, "I don't know why you say she's fussy. She's so good!" It would drive me nuts. Also, if I would ever leave her home with Beau to run an errand, she would nap for hours. That one would really get me!

    Hopefully you'll see a tooth pop through so you don't think you're going crazy! Try the Hyland's teething tabs and just see if they help. If they don't then make your friends come over every day so the girls can "show off" and you can keep your sanity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are the cutest pictures ever! I love them! We've missed you guys. I'm glad things are looking better. I don't know how you do it but I guess I'll found out soon enough how to chase 2 little ones around just not the same age like yours. Hope to see you next Wed.!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes I think they are so identical and then sometimes they don't look identical! I can't decide! The smiling pictures are my favorite!

    I agree with Katie, I HATED it when people say "Oh he's not fussy". I wanted to say, oh really, well why don't you move in and take over and then you'll get a clue!

    Teething can be brutal. I can always tell with Grady because he drools, has diarrhea which leads to terrible diaper rash, and he rubs his ears. Feel around in their mouths and see if you can feel a bud or anything. Sleeping is so difficult, too. Remember Katie's baby shower weekend? I almost (scratch that, I DID) lose control. It's inevitable. Things get significantly better with age. Around 9 months was when I was finally happy again! But, even though I didn't have two at the same time, I do understand your pain. I know it's harder with two, but we all hate for our babies to cry and not be able to soothe them! I'm thinking about y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They just get cuter and cuter, Robin! Those smiles and those bellies just make me want to pinch the computer screen. It's funny how you kind of live your life day-to-day now, you know? It's either a "good day" or a "rough day."

    And with our twins, we so quickly jump to big statements like..."They barely cried today--that stage must have passed!" Nope. The next day comes and it's different than the day before. Or, "They just won't stop crying--there must be something really wrong," and then the next day is bliss. Who knows why! Teeth, bellies, ears, the stars... Just know you're not alone! 'Cause knowing you're out there with two little monkeys of your own sure makes me feel better every day!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.