This weekend we really got out a lot! Friday night we interrupted the girls’ bedtime routine to go to Costco and out to dinner. The girls did great at Costco. They did okay at dinner. By the time we got there it was pretty close to their bedtime so they were sleepy. Emma started to fuss as soon as we sat down. We were able to calm her down pretty quick and she went to sleep for most of dinner. Addison, who is generally harder to settle, wanted to get out and look around at everyone. She cried a little, and Brian and I had to take turns holding her while we finished eating. Overall, it was not that bad and no one gave us the stink eye.
Saturday was Brian’s birthday. We had plans to go to Target and go to dinner at our friends’ house. The girls did well most of the day. Brian watched them while I got my haircut. He had a little trouble with them crying while I was gone, but he said it was not that bad. When we got to our friends’ house it was close to their bedtime. They were fine for about 30 minutes. I guess they were overtired because shortly after being there they cried harder than I have ever seen them cry for about 30 minutes. We tried feeding, rocking, taking them into a dark room, and pretty much everything else you can think of until I decided to take them home. My friend suggested that we try driving them around to see if they would sleep instead of going home. After about 10 minutes of driving they went to sleep, and we were able to go back to eat dinner and cake. Around the time when we finished dinner both girls woke up. They were quiet for a little bit, but started that crying business again so we had to go home. Unfortunately, it was very stressful. It is so hard when they cry and we have no idea what is wrong with them! At least we got a couple of cute pictures. And thanks to my friends for understanding and trying to help! They all have kids too.
Addison on left, Emma on right
They really like to look at each other and "talk"
They really like to look at each other and "talk"
Addison
Me and Emma
Brian and Addison She was all tuckered out after the babysitters left.
Sunday was awesome! Two sweet ladies that I work with volunteered to babysit for us! Addison took a 4 hour nap before they got to our house so she was ready for company! Emma also took a pretty good nap before they arrived. We went to lunch and to one of Brian’s favorite stores. The girls were great. Emma was sleeping when I got home, and Addison was smiling and playing. My friends even volunteered to come back once a month! We have not been out alone since my mom was here and we went to a Christmas party. I missed the girls while we were gone, but Brian and I also enjoyed that time alone.
Addison on left, Emma on right
Emma thought something Addison did was funny. They are still working on getting a laugh out. When they try to laugh it sounds like a little chuckle or they yell.
What great pictures! They look so pretty!
ReplyDeleteI just tried to leave a very long comment but I got an error message. I'm not going to re-type it...so I'll just say I'm glad you had a fun weekend with some fun milestones!
Happy Birthday Brian!!! That is a beautiful cake.....I love the color. I can't believe Brian is 32! The girls are so precious!
ReplyDeleteHappy Bday Brian! I'm glad you were able to relax a little more on Sunday. It's nice to get away without children! Grady gets really cranky around bedtime, too. Everything thinks I'm psycho b/c I plan my life around a 6:30 bedtime, but I just can't handle the stress!
ReplyDeleteI meant to say "everyone", not "everything" as I'm sure you figured out! :)
ReplyDeleteA correction to the blog: My friend Erika and her daughter Kaitlyn did watch the girls on Valentine's Day. Sorry Erika! Blame it on "mommy brain".
ReplyDelete