Thursday, March 18, 2010

4 Months Stats

Addison left, Emma right


Yesterday Brian and I took the girls to the doctor to get their 4 month checkup. It was a few weeks late since they are actually 19 weeks old now. You will not believe how much these babies have grown!

Addison left, Emma right
(P.S. I know Christmas is over, but these PJs fit Emma and they are warm. Gotta love Target clearance items!)

They love to smile now! Emma let out a real laugh last night, and again this morning! It was probably the best sound I have ever heard! Until Addison does it too, then it will be a tie.

Look at how Addison is looking at Emma. She loves her sister.


Let’s start with Baby A: Miss Addison Margaret


I just love how blue their eyes are getting!

Addison started her life out at 5 pounds and 4 ounces and was 18 inches long, which is below the 5th percentile in weight and height. Now she weighs 14 pounds and 8 ounces and she is 23.5 inches long!!! She has jumped to the 62nd percentile in weight and 26th percentile in height! Wow!!! We call her Little Buddha now because when she sits her belly is round and plump. She looks so cute.


Now on to Baby B: Miss Emma Grace

Emma started her life out at a tiny 4 pounds and 12 ounces, and was 17.5 inches long. She was also below the 5th percentile in weight and height. (Drum roll please) She now weighs 13 pounds and 4.5 ounces and she is 22.5 inches long. She is in the 39th percentile for weight and 5th percentile for height. Okay, so she is still tiny, but she is catching up to her sister. We love our little fuzzy head comedian!




Apparently my babies are big eaters! The doctor asked me how much they were eating, and when I told her they drink 7-8 bottles a day (42- 54 ounces total) she said, “Okay let’s get them on some solids!” If you keep up with the blog you already know we have tried rice cereal. The girls don’t seem to care for the taste. The doctor told us we could mix in some fruit, so I think we will try that and then move on to some baby food like sweet potatoes. Per our doctors suggestion we are going to work them up to two meals of food a day and one bottle in between or with each feeding for the next couple of months. We hope that will cut down on the formula bill too.

I have also been advised to start getting them into a nap routine. I mentioned to the doctor that they mainly sleep in their swing, bouncy seat or pack and play. She said now would be a good time to start working on that transition to 2-3 naps a day in their crib. I have been avoiding this because I know it is going to be a battle. I have tried putting them down in their crib before and they cry, then end up being sleep deprived and super fussy! So this weekend Brian is going to help me work on this. I know it is going to involve some crying so I am mentally preparing myself for the challenge. Any tips from other moms out there are appreciated. I need suggestions on a nap time routine for twins. Having a bedtime routine seemed to work wonders. Now after they have their bath at night they start closing their eyes soon after we dress and swaddle them. That took a couple of weeks to set in so I guess the nap thing will too.

5 comments:

  1. Aw, they are so cute! Love those smiles!

    I can't believe how much they've grown! They like their bottles :) Good luck with the solids.

    Here's my advice on sleep routines. Do whatever you can handle and what works for you. If you're getting stressed, don't worry about it too much and try again tomorrow.

    Honestly, though, you might want to wait sleep training until after vacation. If you start this weekend and then their schedule is off next weekend and next week, you'll have to start all over again when you get home. You might just want to do it once to save yourself from a nervous breakdown :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love their smiles, too! And the way Addi looks at Emma, it is so cute!

    I agree to wait on the nap thing. They will be confused. Naps can still be a struggle in my house (remember last May at KT's shower??), so I don't have the best advice. I still rock Grady for naps. I also still rock him for bed, but only for about one minute and then he wants to get in his bed. Naps are always harder than bedtime because they want to be up with their favorite people- mom and dad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are SO gorgeous! I love the picture where Addison is looking at Emma. Emma has the cutest goofy little smile! So adorable.

    And I have my girls Dec 4, '09, a month after you had your girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They have your big, beautiful eyes!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.