We took the girls to Fort Caroline State Park this weekend. The weather was awesome; windy, in the 80's and low humidity! Fort Caroline is part of Jacksonville that the Spanish and the French battled over several times. It's beautiful and a great place to explore. Since we told the girls we were going to a park they kept asking, "Where are all the swings and slides?" Ha! Here are a few pictures of the nice morning we had together.
 |
| Looking at the view |
 |
| Brian and Emma |
 |
| Brian and Addison |
 |
| Nature walk |
 |
| Going into the Timicuan hut display |
 |
| Emma left, Addison right looking up |
 |
| Addison |
 |
| Walking down to the dock. This bridge was steeper than it looks in the photo. It made me a little nervous. |
 |
| Emma in back, Addison closest to camera |
 |
| Emma, me, Addison |
 |
| Emma running down the hills of the fort. They both did this for while. |
 |
| Follow the leader, Brian, Addison, Emma |
 |
| "Daddy, run with us down the hill!" |
 |
| Climbing on the cannon |
 |
| Sliding down the rock hill, Emma ended up on her bottom, Addison still standing |
 |
| Beautiful trees |
They look like they are having so much fun here! Those are great pictures and the girls are so grown up!
ReplyDeleteI was just thinking back to last summer when Addison had a broken leg. Aren't you glad the girls can run around free now?! I am thinking they are each developing their own "looks" now. I know they always have to you and Brian but I have a hard time telling them apart and I got it right in lots of these pics!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing....really enjoy watching all these babies grow up!!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness... look at those big girls! I hate that I'm so behind in the blog world :( Looks like an amazing place - great pics!!!
ReplyDelete